Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hello and Welcome to my blog!

I am excited to be starting this blogging venture and am looking forward to the many new experiences and people I am hoping it brings into my life.

As I sit here typing this I find myself more than a little anxious.  In a couple of months I will be turning the big 5-0.  How I got to be this age I have no idea - the time just flew.  I am mom to three great kids - Beth, our oldest, will be 22 in October, and will be starting her senior year at the University of Washington Seattle in the fall.  We then have a set of twins - Ellen and Eric - who will be seniors in high school this fall.  Again - I have not idea where the time went.  All I ever wanted to be was a mom, and the big clock is ticking, ever so loudly,  as the on hands job ticks away and they will all off and on their separate ways, even if it is for just a couple months at a time.

That is how I came up with the name of my blog - Suddenly Sharon.  The mom job is kind of being down sized and it is time to be me.  All of a sudden I need to find out who I am and what it is that I do.  I love to most all types of crafts, and I am hoping to make time to create and share what I learn with others,  and hopefully connect with people like me out there who find themselves in need of friendship and companionship.

I hope you will join me on this journey of crafting and whatever fun things we come across and inspire each other to keep creating, smiling, and finding the joy in life- one handmade item at a time!

Hugs,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment