Monday, June 24, 2013

Graphic 45 French Country Creations

My mom recently re-did her kitchen.  She got to repaint her kitchen in her favorite colors and get new light fixtures and accents that she picked out herself.  Since I don't live near her and wasn't able to help, I did what I could made some new things for her walls!  I love making crafts for my mom - in fact - most of the items I create are for her! 

Lucky for me, her new colors go nicely with the Graphic 45 French Country line of paper - and as you will find out - I love Graphic 45!

Here is the card I made for her from one of the sheets of images of cut aparts:


 On the inside I used a Birthday wished sticker from SRM - their products are amazing and they have something for every occasion imaginable!  If you haven't used their products you must check them out! They make clear stickers that finish off your cards perfectly and the owner, Susan, is just the sweetest woman ever! They make more than just the stickers, and I love everything they produce.

For the wall canvas I took three sheets of the main page of the French Country paper and a 12x12 canvas.  I modge podged one sheet down on the canvas and let it dry.  Next, I fussy cut some of the
images out of the second sheet and adhered them down with foam squares and circles, depending on the shape and size of the pieces.  (I had to cut some down to make them well hidden under the paper.)
 Out of the third sheet I selected some of the images to fussy cut and not fully tack onto the second layer of pieces.  This allowed me to fold and distress them to give the canvas more dimension and variety.





















I enhanced the colors with Copic Spica pens. They add some shimmery color and a little 'pop' to the paper.  I didn't add any color distressing to the canvas - I thought about putting some on the stamps, but with the colors and background already being kind of dark, I chose not to.  I think the folding added just enough.  I edged the sides of the canvas in dark brown crochet trim and I am ready to ship it out!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment